[ QUOTE ]
Dues are $105.00 per month, I don't know what the initiation fee is now, probably at least $500, maybe $1000.
[/ QUOTE ]
Initiation fee was $1000 in 2001.
Raven Rock is the nicest public course within 50 miles of Wise Co.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
[ QUOTE ]
Dues are $105.00 per month, I don't know what the initiation fee is now, probably at least $500, maybe $1000.
[/ QUOTE ]
Initiation fee was $1000 in 2001.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
[ QUOTE ]
Raven Rock is the nicest public course within 50 miles of Wise Co.
[/ QUOTE ]
Raven Rock is a nice course, but for a beginner I'd say that wouldn't be the best place to start learning the game at....
Good mix of open and tight holes. Some hard forced carries, but if you're learning the game, moved up to the most forward tees.
I played my first 4 or 5 rounds from the red tees.
In that same vein, LPCC isn't a very good place for a beginner either. Esp. not 11 and 12.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
yeah thats true.....me personally don't think that LPCC is worth paying for
[ QUOTE ]
Go to Dan Hall Mountain in Coeburn and play. If you can play that course and have a lil fun, then you can play golf anywhere and enjoy it fully.
[/ QUOTE ]
There's a lot to be said for that sentiment. I learned at Scott County Park, which is very similar to Dan Hall. After spending a summer playing on SCP's fairways, hitting off well mown grass was a breeze.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
If you have a mountain goat and a sherpa to get to the top of Scott County Park. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
i think your talking about 12(par 5) and 13(par 3). btoh tough holes. Hole 12 is 396 from blue tees. I love the course. and initiation is 1000.
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
[ QUOTE ]
i think your talking about 12(par 5) and 13(par 3). btoh tough holes. Hole 12 is 396 from blue tees. I love the course. and initiation is 1000.
[/ QUOTE ]
I am talking about 12 and 13. Been so long since I played there I am forgetting a lot about the course.
It is a nice course, but wasn't worth the price for me.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have a mountain goat and a sherpa to get to the top of Scott County Park. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
[/ QUOTE ]
You should try walking 18 on that course in July. I've walked both SCP and Dan Hall. One time was enough on both counts.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks